What is a Department Code?
Department Codes are used at Caltech to identify purchasing and
payment transactions by campus groups. Codes are assigned to groups,
departments, buildings, or work areas, not to individuals.
Their Purpose is...
- To facilitate routing of paperwork
- To provide contact information
- To route deliveries
The Department Code List is...
- Posted on the Procurement Services website here
- Owned by Purchasing Services
- Maintained by Procurement Support Services
- Developed according to campus customer specifications
- Updated regularly
To Add Department Codes:
Submit a Department Code Request form and mail to Monica Marquez, M/C 103-6
To Change Existing Codes:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Example: Please change the following information on Department Code 6B.
Change Delivery Address from 123 S. Hill to Keith Spalding Bldg. 6, Rm. 101
Change PO Contact from Suzy Buyer to Joe Negotiator, x0000
For More Details:
For more detailed information and examples please click here.